ENGLEWOOD, Colo., Jan. 27, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- SLING TV, the best value in live streaming services, today expanded its DVR offerings to all existing and new subscribers. SLING TV also introduced new pricing for new customers across its SLING Blue and SLING Orange services and Extras.
"A robust DVR feature is a must-have for a premium entertainment experience — customers have told us they want more, and we delivered," said Michael Schwimmer, group president, SLING TV. "By more than quadrupling DVR for all customers at no charge, SLING TV continues to provide the best value for pay-TV in the industry."
All SLING TV customers now receive 50 hours of free DVR storage, an increase from 10 free storage hours. The "DVR Plus" option now provides 200 hours — up from 50 hours — of DVR storage for $5 per month, and can be added on to any SLING TV base subscription. All existing DVR Plus customers will automatically receive 200 hours in their storage, starting today.
- Watch anytime, anywhere: View recordings from any SLING TV supported device and watch from anywhere in the U.S.
- Record multiple shows: Record unlimited shows or movies simultaneously (up to storage limit).
- Fast-forward through ads: Save time with the freedom to pause, rewind or fast-forward recorded content, including commercials.
- Save recordings: Users can keep recordings as long as they choose, with no expiration.
- Record favorite channels: Record any content across all live-linear channels on SLING TV. (Certain digital networks are not eligible for recording.)
- Auto-managed storage: SLING TV will automatically manage DVR space to make room for new recordings when capacity is full, by deleting the oldest "watched" recording.
- Lock recordings: DVR Plus includes the ability to save favorite recordings and protect them from being auto-deleted when storage is full.
New Pricing for New Customers
Starting today for new customers, SLING Orange and SLING Blue base services are each $35 per month (increase of $5 per month). New customers may also choose to subscribe to both SLING Orange and SLING Blue for $50 per month with the multi-service discount (increase of $5 per month).
As part of the 1-Year Price Guarantee, existing customer prices will not change through July 2021, when their existing subscription remains active.
"Unfortunately, we are forced to raise prices because the television networks keep charging us more, but we fight hard to get the best deal for our customers. The proof of our commitment is apparent, as SLING TV is still the best deal in the market, keeping our prices much lower than cable and other live streaming services. SLING TV customers can rest assured that we'll continue to offer the best combination of live news, sports and entertainment cable channels at the best value," added Schwimmer.
New Pricing for SLING TV Extras
- Sports Extra: New customers with SLING Orange or SLING Blue will now pay $11 per month (increase of $1 per month); new customers who subscribe to both SLING Orange and SLING Blue will continue to pay $15 per month.
- All other Extras: New customers who subscribe to Comedy Extra, Kids Extra, News Extra, Lifestyle Extra, Hollywood Extra and /or Heartland Extra, will now pay $6 per month for each Extra (increase of $1 per month).
- Total TV Deal: New customers who want all the programming SLING TV has to offer can now subscribe to the Total TV Deal for $21 per month with a SLING Orange or SLING Blue service (increase of $1 per month), or $27 per month for new customers subscribed to both SLING Orange and SLING Blue (increase of $2 per month). The Total TV Deal provides customers with DVR Plus and all seven SLING TV Extras (Sports Extra, Comedy Extra, Kids Extra, News Extra, Lifestyle Extra, Hollywood Extra and Heartland Extra), a value of up to $56 per month.
SLING TV continues to deliver the most choice and flexibility at the best value in the industry, saving its customers hundreds of dollars each year compared to cable and other live streaming services. In addition to the expanded DVR that launches today, SLING TV has continued to add value to the service in the last year:
- Launched the first Watch Party feature, allowing customers to watch live programming with up to three other friends, the only streaming service to offer a co-watching feature with live video and text chat.
- Added the Big Ten Network — a must-have for Big Ten sports fans and increased the on-demand library to 150,000 titles across more than 700 channels in 27 languages.
- Broadened options for local channels with the new AirTV Anywhere, featuring whole-home DVR solution and quad tuner for viewing over-the-air channels, as well as integrated local channels on the TiVo Stream 4K and on 2020 LG smart TVs.
- SLING TV continues to be available on more than 50 streaming devices, so customers can watch favorite programming at home or on the go.
'4 Extras Deal' Free Preview
All SLING Orange and SLING Blue customers will receive a free preview of SLING TV's "4 Extras Deal" through Feb. 15, 2021. The 4 Extras Deal provides customers with Kids Extra, News Extra, Lifestyle Extra and Comedy Extra for $12 per month (a savings of $12 per month if purchased separately).
To learn more about SLING TV's price update and its promise to customers, visit the What's On SLING blog. For more information on SLING TV's DVR offerings, visit sling.com/value/dvr.
About SLING TV
SLING TV is an Emmy® Award-winning live streaming TV service that provides more than 700 channels from today's most popular networks across its general market, Latino and international services. It is available on all major streaming devices, smart televisions, tablets, game consoles, computers and smartphones. SLING TV offers two general market streaming services, SLING Orange and SLING Blue, that collectively feature content from Disney/ESPN, Fox, NBC, AMC, A&E, AXS, Discovery, Scripps, Turner, Viacom, NBA TV, NFL Network, NHL Network, Pac-12 Networks, GSN, Hallmark, SHOWTIME, STARZ and EPIX. On select devices, SLING TV offers customers access to free content, à la carte channels and services, plus Pay-Per-View events and movies on-demand. SLING TV provides a suite of stand-alone and add-on Spanish-language services and packages tailored to English-dominant, bilingual and Spanish-dominant U.S. households. SLING TV is the leading U.S. provider of foreign-language programming, with more than 400 channels in 27 languages. Additionally, SLING TV offers a variety of local channel solutions through the AirTV brand, which provides products and services that simplify the modern over-the-air (OTA) entertainment experience. Visit sling.com and AirTV.net for more information. SLING TV L.L.C. and AirTV L.L.C. are wholly owned subsidiaries of DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH).
SOURCE Sling TV L.L.C.